First off, I am not a writer. Don’t pretend to be. I am a fan. Assuming I am a fan like you as only someone like you would be reading my blog posts. What I promise is simple: fact based analysis and projections on the greatest football franchise ever – the RRRAAAAIIIIDDDDEEEERRRRSSSSS (in my best Greg Papa voice impersonation).
So what makes me qualified to write this post? My answer, I want to share my thoughts and feelings on the Raiders and thought this would be a fun outlet to use. So really, I am not qualified, but I hope you give me a chance and if you like these posts share with your friends. If you don’t, please let me know what you don’t like and I will do my best to accommodate.
With that said, let’s get started. This first post though is an introduction of who I am and what I plan on writing about over the next 6 months. Let’s start with the topics I will write about:
Topics I will focus on:
- Free Agency – I will look at not only what the Raiders should do in house, but also who else we should sign, for how much and what other ideas around this most fun time of year
- NFL Draft – I need to break this up into a few parts, as I am a DRAFT JUNKIE. I love it. It is actually something my dad and I talk about for months leading up to the draft and also throughout the season. So here are the main pieces I will focus my writing around:
- Major Draft Events – whether it be the Combine, East/West Shrine Game, Senior Bowl or Pro Days, I will look at each and write about hot topics (who did great and who underperformed) and how all this relates to what the Raiders should do come draft day.
- Draft Strategy – this might be my favorite part. I love talking strategy. This too will be looked at in a multitude of ways
i. Mock Drafts
ii. Trade Potential and Analysis
iii. Best/Worst Fits
iv. Wild Card Situations
v. In a perfect world scenario planning
- Draft Day Review
i. I live in NYC so I typically go to the Draft. I will write each night about what was going on and other stories I pick up along the way
ii. An Overview and Grade for the Draft
- Going into the season projections – what I believe the Raiders can do now that all the pieces are in place for the most part and how we will fare during the season
So who am I? I am a 34 year old die hard Raider fan. I love the raiders. I am also a Die Hard A’s fan, but I wanted to focus my time on this blog solely looking at the Raiders. My wife is sick of me talking about the Raiders to anyone who would listen and recommended I tried this route and I agree. It is already a lot of fun. I read all that is out there about the raiders, whether it be through organizations or twitter. I l know the raiders, I follow the raiders and most importantly believe in the Raiders and our return to success. As a result, I will not be writing negative stories on the raiders or “sway” my writing to put a negative spin on the best franchise in sports. I am so sick of all the beat writers, ESPN analysts and others always mocking us. You get enough negative so I am going to focus on the positive.
So there you have it people, a quick little tidbit on me and what I plan to do with this blog in the short term. It will grow and evolve, but this is my plan for now. Any and all feedback is welcomed and looking forward to sharing with you the Raider Nation those thoughts.
Spread the word, not the nonsense